Digital audio files
On this page you will find links to digital audio recordings of poems, prose and drama texts. I recorded them in mp3 format using Audacity. The Real Media files were converted from the mp3 files using Helix Producer Basic. To play these files you will need a media player such as RealOne Player or Windows Media Player. You are welcome to edit the files and add your own FX. If you have a slow connection the files may take some time to download or open.
Ælfric (ca. 955 to 1020)
Ælfric was a Benedictine monk, who became Abbot of Eynsham. He translated parts of the scriptures, and wrote works on grammar, and the lives of the saints. He is generally regarded to be the finest prose writer of Old English.
Charles Dickens (1812-1870
Geoffrey Chaucer (ca. 1340-1400)
- The Canterbury Tales, General Prologue - lines 1 to 34: mp3 | Real Media
Chidiock Tichborne (ca. 1558-1586)
William Shakespeare (1564-1616)
John Donne (1572-1631)
Ben Jonson (ca. 1572-1637)
Oliver Goldsmith (1728-11784)
William Blake (1757-1827)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772-1834)
John Clare (1793-1864)
Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809-1892)
Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Walt Whitman (1819-1892)
Thomas Hardy (1840-1928)
Gerard Manley Hopkins (1844-1889)
Back to top of page
Date script provided by Website Abstraction; search engine provided by Atomz Search.
© Andrew Moore, 1999 - 2004;
- Purchase in the USA: use the search box on the left or the link below to go to Amazon.com for books, video tapes, DVDs and much more.
- Go to Amazon.com Home Page
- Purchase in the UK: use the search box on the left or the link below to go to Amazon.co.uk for books, video tapes, DVDs and much more.
- Go to Amazon.co.uk Home Page